Friday, July 1, 2011

5 years!!!

Oh. My. Word. Where does time go? Tomorrow will be hubby and I's 5th anniversary! Craziness I tell you.

On Valentines Day, I shared our love story with you. He even shared his side of it. Last year, I talked a little bit about our wedding day. Since 5 years is kind of a big deal, I don't want to do a repeat post, so I thought that I'd doing a wrap up of our first 5 years together.

A lot has happened in these 5 years. I know it is so cliche but I have to say it, It has been quite an adventure. I feel so cheesy saying that but it is so true. Let me take you through a little bit of a time line.

The first year:
Honeymoonin'

We lived for free in an apartment attached to the church where we were youth leaders.
We had lots of health issues only to find our home was poisoning us, ahhh!
Move out of our first home, it gets condemned.
We get pregnant after only months of marriage but miscarry soon after.
Move in with Grandma to try and get out of debt the medical bills brought.
Leave the church we are pastoring at and return to our old home church.
Meet my great aunt's soon to be adopted daughter. Decide she should be ours, adoption doesn't work out. (We are put into 75yo aunts will to take custody if anything happens)


Year Numero Dos:


Move out of grandmas to beautiful Laguna Niguel.
After about 3 months, we find out ON THE NEWS that our apartments are sliding down the hill they are built on. I can't make this stuff up.
Find a home to buy BUT it won't be ready by evac day.
Move in with in laws while we wait in escrow.
Our house is ready.
Remodeling of the money pit begins.
WE ARE PREGO!

Year 3:

Daddy with baby pictures are always my fav

Start working with the Jr. High at our church.
Move into our home completely.
Have baby number 1, a girl. Rhiannon!
Start up a business, Rock-A-Bow is born.

Year 4:

We are pregnant again!!!
Almost lose baby to hemorrhage.
Discover mass on ovary.
Battle with health issues all year long.


Year 5 aka the past year:

Our growing family
Have baby #2, a boy Talon!
Have surgery to remove cyst.
I start working from home. Yay for WAHM's!
Start finally getting our finances on the same page. Thanks Dave Ramsey.
Celebrate 5 years together.

It has been a crazy 5 years. The best 5 years of my life. These 5 years have brought both good and bad times. We have learned the meaning of for better or for worse. Through every second we have been blessed and shared true joy. I cannot see what the next 5, 10, 50 years have to bring!

4 comments:

  1. wow! congrats and best wishes for many more joy filled years!
    see you at blog sugar! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay, love you guys so much. So happy to be your friend for so long and so blessed to walk along side you two in life. Enjoy your weekend together. Let me know if you want to drop the kiddos off at any time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! What a neat idea for a post! I never knew some of these things about you!

    p.s. blogger won't keep me siged in on your blog to comment.... blogger is weird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet post. The perfect one for me to find since I'm just meeting you today, I got to learn a lot about you! See you at Blog Sugar.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails