That's when I realized, "hey our office chair fits at her desk". And so, this project was born. Easy and LOVE the end result.
Step one: grab that ugly old office chair and disassemble it. I started by simple removing the seat and back rest. For the first 5 minutes I was convinced that the plastic part would NOT come off of the backrest. But after calling in my muscle (husband) I was proven wrong. It took some work but he was able to pull it apart.
Step two: Cut your fabric down and staple it to the wood backing. No need to remove the ugly fabric already on the chair. I think it actually helps to leave it on. For the chair that I covered, 1 yard was perfect but I would measure your chair to be sure before purchasing fabric.
Step three: Disassemble, primer and paint the rest of your chair. As for the paint, I used Rustoleum Painters Touch spray paint and primer. Ideally, you would use plastic paint BUT I was too picky and didn't like any of the colors. The very nice Home Depot employee assured me that using primer would do the trick, we will see how it holds up.
Step four: Reassemble and stare in amazement that those ugly office chairs can look so beautiful!
Soo Cute, and you make it look soo easy!! I would love to try that!!
ReplyDeleteVery cute!
ReplyDeleteYour new look chair is inspiring. Tremendous job and thank you for using Rust-Oleum to complete your project.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE IT!! I love the colors and the fabric you chose. Very cute.
ReplyDelete