Now, I know that I am not leaving my daughter at a school, I don't have to drop her off and say goodbye. Even so, today was so emotional for me. My baby girl is growing up. The harsh reality that she will not be little forever is very present.
My fears subsided a bit when Rhiannon took to everything pretty quickly. She is a bit, umm, easily distracted I guess would be the best way to explain her. But she stayed pretty focused. I am still scared about how I will do as a teacher. Her education is in my hands and that frightens me but she is quite the little student.
This week we are focusing on the letter A. We are having so much fun with it. However, at the end of our school day, while wrapping up and reviewing, I asked Rhiannon "What did you learn about today?" and she responded proudly "The Letter M!". Hmm. Cracked me up.
Here are a few more pictures of her first day. Such sweet memories.
Coloring and practicing the sound of the letter A.
Music time. The Ants go Marching On. With Maracas of course.
Baby Brother insisted on being involved.



Love the pictures! How awesome of you to home school her!! :-D
ReplyDeleteYAY RHI! YAY Kris! SO fun!
ReplyDeleteAww! Yay for a successful first day. I'm usre you'll be a wonderful teacher for her. Excited to follow along with this new journey!
ReplyDelete