Thursday, September 8, 2011

Talon's Birthday Party

Last Saturday we had Talon's big 1 year birthday bash and I am finally getting around to telling you about it. Unfortunately, we were so busy having fun and enjoying the birthday boy (or should I say fortunately?) that we didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked.


For Talon's party, I wanted a theme that screamed boy. Everything in his little life has been girly due to having a big sister. So we went with a racecar theme. Lots of cars and checkered flags. It was exactly what we were looking for. My favorite individual decoration? Racecars numbered 1-12 that displayed Talon's first 12 months of life. So sweet!

We went super simple on the food. Concession stand style. Hot dogs, soft pretzels, popcorn and nachos. Everyone seemed to enjoy the simplicity and the kids were in heaven over the junk food lunch. For drinks or the pit stop we had Fuel, H20 and Oil aka Cherry Limeaid, water and Iced Tea.

Desserts were the real hit of the party. I ordered a plain 8" cake (that no one even touched) and some cupcakes that we added decor to ourselves and then I made a ton of my favorite cake pops. Devil's Food Cake with a German chocolate twist. The cake pops were devoured, next party I will be doing all of the baking.The dessert setup was by far my favorite area of the house. I LOVED the look.
Talon was blessed with tons of gifts. In fact we aren't even sure what to do with the cash he received because he got everything we could have asked for. Savings account it is!

I really wish we took more pictures so I could show you just how cute it looked but the boy had an awesome birthday and in my book, that is a success. By the way, his little cake I made him, gone. Every single bite!

Oh, guess what? My original plan was to save all of the decor for a future party but my hubby thinks that I will never duplicate a birthday theme. He thinks he knows me or something. Ha! He is probably right. I love to create way too much. Back to what I wanted to tell you. We have decided that all of the fabric decorations, the ones that I spent WAY too much time on, should get more use. So we are going to be auctioning them off on the FB like page today.

{Details: The auction is for everything pictured in the album: 3 felt dot garlands (sizes 35in, 9ft and 17ft), 4 Pennant Banners (Two-4ft, One- 6ft and Happy Birthday Banner 9ft) and a 5ft Rag Garland. Based on average prices on Etsy this lot is worth $137!!! Starting bid will be $30, I will pay the shipping.
Please place bids on the photo album and not individual pictures. Bidding will end at Sept. 16th at 8am.}


So head over there now and place your bids! FACEBOOK PAGE

5 comments:

  1. You did a great job! It all looks so cute. I love the colors and the drink station too. Great price for the decorations. I still need to resell the ones I made for Cohen's party. Glad you all had a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Isn't it all so cute? Not to toot my own horn but I really did Love the way it turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this! GREAT idea auctioning it off! I LOVED his party, it was so cute!!! Good Job friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the racecar idea!! Super cute party!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun party - you did a great job, and happy birthday to sweet Talon!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails