Last year I stumbled upon this post. I didn't know Erin yet or how amazing she was, I just knew that one day I wanted to have a back to school eve celebration, to make it a tradition. I hadn't thought about school or when we would start but I knew that these dinners would take place.
Fast forward to today. It is Rhiannon's first day of pre-school. She has been excited for the last two weeks about this day but last night really seemed to prep her. Her excitement has exscalated. She has not stopped asking questions about what school will be like...and I am pretty sure my name is forever changed to Teacher.
I knew the dinner would be fun. It is always fun to celebrate milestones, I did not know how huge of an impact it would have on my soon to be student. For that I am especially grateful for Erin and her sharing this idea (as well as some decor) with me. You need to check out all of her back to school eves. 2008, 2010, and 2011.
Oh yes, and here is a recap of our night.
We set the dining area up all cutesy. I wanted Rhi to feel really special. It was her night to celebrate after all.
We borrowed this super cute map and a crown from Erin and I also borrowed the idea of a bookpage table runner from her.
Here is our table all done up. Simple Table cloth, bookpage runner and little centerpieces. I kept it east, tissue poms (left over from Talon's birthday party) on top of some glass bowls filled with crayons. Finished the look off with some old books and flashcards with Rhiannon's initials. Simple but cute.
For dinner, I asked Rhi what she wanted for dinner. Salad and Cake was her answer. I went with that and added her favorite pasta dish and garlic bread. She insisted that we have yummy drinks, which means Cherry Limeaid. So we had that out of twirly straws of course.
Now to let the classes begin...AH!



I LOVE this idea!! Thanks so much for sharing. I will definitely be doing this with my little one when she is old enough to go to school. I just love that poster on that says believe in yourself!
ReplyDeleteAw! i turned out super cute!!! Goof job mommy/teacher! She is gonna love school :)
ReplyDeleteYAY! You don't know how good it does my heart to see this post. Rhi's excitement for school, my map and crown put to MORE good use, and the joy in your heart to home school your little loves. Love you Kristen! xoxo
ReplyDelete