This years Mother's Day was my best by far. Not because of the dollars spent and gifts received but because of the selfless thoughtfulness that went into it.
My morning started off with breakfast in bed. Some yummy food served up by the big kids and a tiny bit of help from their daddy.
Breakfast was followed by gifts. The kids were beyond excited to bring in what they had got me. The amount of joy they have while giving blesses me. They wanted so much to make their mama smile. That alone was enough but my hubby went above and beyond this year. I got a few things for the kitchen that I have been dying for. No, it was not a trap when I put them on my mothers day wish list. I am so excited to use it all.
And then my big gift, a day at Glen Ivy with a couple of friends. I knew it was coming but I could have died when I opened the envelope of gift cards. So so amazing.
As if all of that wasn't enough, gifts were followed by manis and pedis with my mom, sis in law and favorite little girl. After that Steven sent me off, with some gift cards that were collecting dust, to go get a facial. I came home relaxed and ready to relax some more. So that's what we did. Went outside to play and I got to just lounge in the sun. Ahhh heaven.
The night was finished off with a family tradition of girls night dinner.
All day, all I could think of was how we were celebrating me but I couldn't do it without the man who stands behind me.
I have a husband who supports us financially and spiritually daily. A husband who never hesitates to give a helping hand with rambunctious kids. Who will give up a day to take care of his children without a second thought. Someone so willing to serve me and honor me on my day.
How I got so lucky to be his wife and the mama of his children, I will never know. I am just glad that I get to be. I have the most amazing man at my side and the most beautiful children, who clearly take after their dad in the awesome department.
The material gifts are fun. The gift of being his wife and our kiddos mommy is one I cherish.
I cannot wait to bless his socks off on Fathers Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment