Monday, May 20, 2013

When the Surrender is Tough

Sometimes it is hard to have faith. Sometimes the world seems like it is crashing down on us. There are times when surrendering things to God is the hardest thing you have to do. There are moments when the possible outcomes look so horrendous that you would like to run a million miles away from where you are.

This week was one of those times. This week I received a phone call that stopped me in my tracks. That took me from a place of joy to complete and utter panic.

As I sat in bed and wept, I found myself praying that God would remove us from this place. That He would keep us all safely together. That God would take away this fear.


While I prayed, I felt a subtle reminder of a message our pastor shared recently. We should not be praying for safety but instead for boldness. God does not call us to play it safe. He surely did not want us to play it safe when He led us into this world of foster care.


God calls us to be bold.

What does that even mean?

I can't tell you much about our personal journey in foster care (yes, I know I sound like a broken record saying that all the time). I can tell you that we are part of a system that is broken. Seeing a little bit of the inside of this world, I am amazed. Things are not working. The system needs to be fixed. These kids need to be fought for.

How would praying for our safety help that? It wouldn't. We need to be bold. We need to fight. Not only for Little Man but for all of the kids in this warped world.

Boldness. Standing up for what is right. Standing strongly and distinctly.

The world pushes us down. Satan wants us to live in fear. I say, we take that fear and use it to our advantage. The more afraid we are, the harder we fight.

In our current state, I am referring to foster care. The fight to keep our child or make sure he goes to a safe home.

For you it could be anything; a job loss, missions, leadership.

Let's be bold. Let's fight. Let's use our fears to rock this world for the Kingdom.

We don't have to be held down by fear anymore. We can surrender our worries before the Lord and ask to be used in mighty ways. We don't need to run away but straight at the issues that want to keep us far from God's plan.

My Our worlds might be crashing down on us but I serve a God that already has victory over this world. He can help us put the pieces back together. The puzzle may not fit the way we think it should but with Him, it will fit more beautifully than we ever imagined.

1 comment:

  1. I dont have much to say, except Im praying for you.

    I love your post, your honesty and humility.
    Trust and fight! Thanks for sharing the words God gave ya to the rest of us! Much needed!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails