Wednesday, May 22, 2013

A Girly Little Shower

This weekend I had the honor of co-hosting a baby shower for one of my best friends. Since Stefani is expecting her 3rd baby girl, our friend Bryanna and I teamed up to throw a girly, more classy and intimate shower. It was so fun to see all of the ideas that were floating around in our head come together.

We got some inspiration from bloggers on pinterest and incorporated our own ideas in with them. We wanted something that shouted girl but wasn't quite as baby as most showers. We went with a pink and grey color scheme and just had fun with it.


To keep it intimate we kept everyone at one long table. The runner and centerpieces were inspired by the Anthony & Stork blog but made by Bryanna and myself. We put the place settings at each seat and wrapped bow sashes around each chair. The outcome was so pretty.


Since the shower was later in the day, we decided on a dessert shower. Bryanna was able to borrow a bunch of beautiful vintage serving pieces that we placed atop Rhiannon's dresser. Hung a fun banner and tutu balls above it. Loved!



We used our vanity as a drink table and covered it with stuff for coffee and yummy sparkling drinks to go into our champagne glasses.


For favors, we gave out Nail polishes and decals from the mama to be's  shop. Chevron decals to match the decor, of course :)


The shower was kept simple with an awesome devotional shared by Bryanna and Gift Time Bingo. For prizes I made up a couple of Fold-over clutches.


All in all it was a beautiful day spent celebrating Stefani and Baby Bridgette.

Photo Credit:
So I was lame and forgot my camera. Phone photos were not cutting it with harsh lighting. Luckily, our sweet friend Babara from Chase the Star was there to save the day and snap most of the photos :) 

Linking up at Sew Chatty, Whimsy Wednesday, Chase the StarLil' Luna and Ginger Snap Crafts.

8 comments:

  1. Love this! The table is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katie. We had so much fun with this shower!

      Delete
  2. I loved every detail of my shower! It was beyond perfect. Thanks bestie boo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this shower. SO cute! I bet the mom to be loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. She did. Girls are so much fun to celebrate!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for linking up to Whimsy Wednesday! Your project has been featured this week on my blog!

    http://www.ohmy-creative.com/featured-projects/diy-craft-trends-favorite-five-projects-whimsy-wednesday/

    Also, you can add your project {or any project} to my website. I feature them on my main slider on the home page...follow this link to submit your project!
    http://www.ohmy-creative.com/submit-a-project/

    Be sure to stop by and grab a button...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails