Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Paint Party

If you "like" us on Facebook, you heard me say a few days ago that I totally spaced on posting my daughters birthday party. Not Little Man's 80's party I showed you yesterday. No, this party happened in October. Talk about a blogger fail.

Anyhow, here it is...

For months in advance, Rhiannon asked over and over for a painting party. Paint and toddlers. Scary thought right? I thought so too. What made the idea worse is that all of Rhi's friends have siblings. Younger siblings. I wanted to cry. I wanted my baby girl to be happy but I didn't want baby footprints painted on my floor indefinitely. What was a crazy paint fearing mama to do?

We ended up having two parties. The first party, just Rhi and her very closest friends. No families allowed. Just the girls. The second party was for our family to have desserts with the birthday girl. This eliminated my fright of toddlers and paint covered floors but still gave my girl the party she was dreaming up.

For the main party with her friends, we stuck with a typical art party theme with a touch of princess. The epitome of who our little girl is.


For favors each girl got an apron inspired by her favorite Disney princess, plus some art supplies. The favors were where our newest hot product originated. So much fun.


Food and desserts were all based around painting. From "paint brush" rice krispies to "art pallet" cupcakes. The girls were all in seventh heaven with their little sugar highs. I always forget to get pictures of food.


Entertainment was simple. The girls painted canvases, coloring sheets and did some swirl art. Face painting was a fun little perk on the side.


Every girl left there so excited with their art projects, aprons and leftover sugar. Rhiannon was once again beyond blessed by her sweet little friends. The day couldn't have been any better.

**Linking up at Sugar and Dots for What I Whipped Up Wednesday
And Chase the Star for Keep Calm and Link Up*


2 comments:

  1. ok did you make those aprons? seriously adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did :) The birthday girl was the lead designer though haha

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails