Since yesterday was Easter, I will not be doing an I {Heart} Mondays post. However, I do think you will seriously L-O-V-E our new Easter tradition.
This is the first year that Rhi was old enough to kind of grasp the concept of Easter. We of course put the emphasis on Jesus and the resurrection. She understood it to an extent but really we couldn’t expect much from a 2.5 year old.
I started really teaching her about it all on Friday. We explained Good Friday and how Jesus died for our sins and how because of His blood we are washed clean. She screamed “sins gone” That was music to this mommas heart. Later that night we covered it all again. After a long talk, we sat outside looking at the beautiful sunset. Steven told Rhi that God had painted the sky pink just for her. She cupped her little hands and yelled “Thank you Jesus”. Ah! She is understanding.
Sunday morning came and I refreshed her little memory, asking a couple questions about Easter and what it meant. Our Conversation went something like this.
Me: happy Easter
Rhi:Easter?
Me: ya, remember mommy told you how Jesus died and rose again?
Rhi: Jesus died, rose again!
Me: cool, huh?
...Rhi: sure.
Me: Sure? It's really cool! He did it all so we could live Forever with Him in heaven.
Rhi: oh ya. Silly me!
After church we came home to our new tradition. I was gonna tell you all about it but how much more fun is it to actually watch it going on. This is how we will be finding our baskets every year. Of course it will get more complex as the kids grow.
i LOVED this! SO much fun! You are the cutest mommy ever!
ReplyDeleteThat's so stinking cute! I LOVE IT!
ReplyDeleteSo very cute and such a neat idea!! Thanks for sharing,. :)
ReplyDeleteAwesome idea!
ReplyDelete