Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fools Prank

I am the meanest wife in the history of the planet. I thought I would show you the kind of shenanigans my husband has to put up with... Steven has a new photography business called eXChange Photo. This morning I created an email account (eXChangePhotography@gmail.com), did a little research and sent him this e-mail. He has not seen it yet. I will update you on Monday with his response.

Steven Murphy,
While browsing the web recently I discovered your blog and was furious to see that my company name was being used. The similarities in the format (eXC) are too obvious to be an accident. Since a lot of hard work went into the development of my company and it's name, I immediately contacted my lawyer. As I suspected you are in violation of copyright infringement. While discussing it with the lawyer he directed me to the Title17 United States Code Chapter 5 which states :
"(a) In General. — Except as otherwise provided by this title, an infringer of copyright is liable for either —

(1) the copyright owner's actual damages and any additional profits of the infringer, as provided by subsection (b); or

(2) statutory damages, as provided by subsection (c).

(b) Actual Damages and Profits. — The copyright owner is entitled to recover the actual damages suffered by him or her as a result of the infringement, and any profits of the infringer that are attributable to the infringement and are not taken into account in computing the actual damages. In establishing the infringer's profits, the copyright owner is required to present proof only of the infringer's gross revenue, and the infringer is required to prove his or her deductible expenses and the elements of profit attributable to factors other than the copyrighted work."

In other words, when my lawyers contact you, you will be responsible for any profits you have made while using this name, as well as damages to myself. I will only be asking for $150 to cover expenses in recovery of the name. Please take the time to discontinue use of this name immediately. Thank you.

Please contact me at

801-523-6987

eXChangePhotography

123 April Fools Lane
Your Wife, CA 92801

4 comments:

  1. Kristen, you make me laugh! Great Job!!! HAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man. that is dedication. has he read it yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness that is clever! I can't wait to hear how he responds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so funny!!
    So, what was his reactions!?!?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails