Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Just What I Needed {Creative Estates}

I am sitting here staring at the screen trying to think of what to say. Do you ever have those moments where you have so much to say that you don't know where to start? That is exactly where I am right now.

Creative Estates was amazing. It was just what I needed. For the past few months I have been struggling. Struggling with trying to compete, trying to compare and trying to balance it all. Wouldn't you know that those are the exact topics that were covered at Creative Estates.

There were panels of amazing women sharing on topics that I really needed to hear about. What I took home?

- Get a notebook and plan for both Short Term and Long Term goals. Keep those goals and ideas all in one place. When I write things down it will help to make those ideas more concrete in my mind.

-Keep one calendar. Use this calendar for family, business, personal, church. You name it, it goes on this one calendar. This will help to balance personal and business.

-Don't measure my success based on other people and their business. Set my own goals and strive to meet them in my own time.

-Decide what I want to be known for. I do not want to be a mom who's always facing the computer screen. I do not want to be a business owner who has kids but a mommy who happens to have a business.

-There will always be competition. If I don't want to deal with competition then the handmade world is not for me.

I also learned a ton about PR. I have a lot of goals written down in my little notebook. Lots of ideas and things to reach for. So excited to start on this new venture.

Photography...I sat in the seminar and well, I suck! Ha! The panel was amazing and so sweet. They helped me with my camera. Personally showed me how to change things and take a phenomenal picture. I did great, see:


Then I came home to show off my skills to my husband and well it was an epic fail. Just look at this.
What happened? It will be okay. I took good notes and I will practice. Eventually I will be posting photos for you that were not shot by my husband or on full auto.

I wish I could put into words all of the other great things that I learned. I am so stuck trying to put it all together. I left Arizona feeling excited, inspired and ready to take on the next level of my blog and my business. I left there feeling that I am enough and able balance my family and my business without letting either one down. Creative Estates was just what I needed. A breathe of fresh air.

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails