So today is my first week of weighing in. I cannot even tell you how nervous I was to step on the scale and have lost nothing or even worse, gained weight. But I sucked up the fear of disappointment and stepped on the scale. Here is were I am at...
How I did it this week?
I ate healthier. We cut out all red meat and I focused more on veggies. I tried to cut out coffee all together and that lasted until 11am on the first day. But I found that ordering the light version of any drink at Starbucks made a HUGE difference in calories, so I went that route. That meant I had to sacrifice a snack but hey I got my frappaccino.
![]() |
| {Source} |
Most of our dinners this week came from a cookbook I recently got called The Sprouted Kitchen. You all need to check out this book and the authors blog. Ah-mazing.
My favorite meal this week was Green Herbed Shrimp with Summer Squash Couscous. Yummy.
I was more active. I wouldn't say I really exercised. That would be an exaggeration. We went on fast paced family walks. I did crunches and danced around with the kids. We also did a little workout that we call baby aerobics. Where we each hold one of our babies and dance around do "baby lifts" and lunges with them on or shoulders. Ouch.
Next week I plan to continue the healthier diet and work out on the Wii Fit. Back here on the blog I hope to be sharing a recipe that I want to try. Can't make any promises since it is still in my head and hasn't been put onto a plate.
How did you all do? Did anyone following along join me this week?


Great job!! 2 pounds is AWESOME!!! You rock!!
ReplyDeleteTHANKS!
DeleteI have to been trying to lose wait. I have found rollerblading works great. I am not much of a runner so this works for me. I try t eat health which is so hard when your a busy mom. I have found to try to not by junk snacks for in the house. I great night time treat after dinner is frozen yogurt and everyone enjoys that.
ReplyDeleteYes, we love frozen yogurt around here and it is very low calorie diet friendly.
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, eating healthy being a busy mom is hard. Just look at my diary on myfitnesspal haha. It was a challenge to get healthy stuff quick.