Thursday, March 31, 2011

New Friends and a Giveaway

Have I mentioned to you all that I am an introvert? Because, oh boy, I am an Introvert. I like break out in hives thinking about meeting or talking to new people. I hate that about myself but it's one of those things you just have to deal with and move on.

Have you noticed that the blog and handmade world is more of a community than anything. That people come together and make great friendships before even meeting? This works out great for me. I get to stay in my comfort zone. By the way comfort zones suck. They keep us in little shells and don't allow us to grow.

Luckily for me there are bloggers like Kimmie at Sugar and Dots who decide to invite friends from twitter into her home. Ripped me right out of my comfort zone and forced me to meet new people in real life.Now when Kimmie invited me to her craft night, I knew that I would have fun but that I would just be a little uncomfortable. I was only half right. I was not uncomfortable at all. I felt like I had known all of the girls for years as we chatted over cupcakes.


We did eventually get around to crafting. It took us a while to migrate because we were having way to much fun. But Kimmie taught us to make some adorable frayed blooms.



When a few of the girls realized what time it was we said our goodbyes and Kimmie sent us home with these goodies.

Which brings me to this...Have you heard of LemiShine? No, neither had I. But let me just tell you, the stuff is amazing and I am hooked. Our generous hostess even gave us a little extra to giveaway so I'm offering you the chance to win a little bundle of LemiShine. You will be entering to win a reusable LemiShine bag and a couple of LemiShine samples. To top it off, I am going to include a coupon for 25% off in my shop.

To enter go over and "like" LemiShine on Facebook, follow them on twitter and/or follow any of my new friends from my crafty night. Come back here and comment for each thing you do.

Here's a list of the girls and links to their blogs.
Kimmie @ Sugar and Dots
Nicole @ Olive Blue
Andrea @ Four Flights Of Fancy
Jennifer @ Crazy is my Superpower
Alissa @ Rags to Stitches
Kara @ Eli's Lids
Mandy @ Life in the Fashion Lane

Giveaway will close on Monday at 9am

4 comments:

  1. Let me tell you HOW MUCH WE LOVE LOVE LOVE Lemi Shine! Its Gods gift to our dishes! We have been using it forever, and will never turn away from the stuff!

    And Im so happy you had fun with your handmade friends! You all are oh so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never have guessed that you are an introvert...you are so bubbly and sweet when you first meet people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was so so so fun to meet you and hang out and faux craft :). love the pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found your blog via Olive Blue, I met Nicole this morning at Creative Estates! I'm am SUCH AN INTROVERT TO!!! I have had some major anxiety going on to get out there and meet people today. I am proud that you went to the craft night, it seriously is a huge accomplishment if you struggle in this way! Hope you had a great time in Arizona, sorry I didn't get to meet you in person ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails