Monday, February 28, 2011

Once upon a time: Background of a Shopaholic

Today is the first post of a 2 week series here at Rock-A-Bow. Don't let the title fool you, this is not going to be your typical fashionista, shop at Bloomies blog series. Oh no, this series is going to be how I, a once upon a time shopaholic, survives in the world of Dave Ramsey and debt snowball goodness.

For this post, I just want to give you a little background. I'm not afraid to say it, as a kid/teen I was a spoiled little daddy's girl. (Notice I didn't say spoiled brat, those would be my siblings, who will probably read my blog for the first time today haha). My parents did not go as far as handing me a credit card or anything but let's just say I didn't want for ANYTHING. You have seen these big eyes, right? They worked like a charm everytime. My mom hated that by the way.

Anyway, I loved to shop and still do. I shopped for fun, I shopped to socialize, I shopped to fill the time and I shopped to ease pain. Oh yes, depression shopping is the best kind. Nothing better to ease pain than a new outfit.

So why the budget? Well, I got married and had some kids. Money doesn't grow on tress, ya know? So hubby and I got ourselves into a little bit of debt. Not because of my shopping, I know what you are thinking... no it was all just circumstances. So we have begun budgeting and watching our debt disappear. It has been wonderful. Easy? Not even close. It is so worth it though.

Now to the point. In the next two weeks I want to give you a little bit of insight into my world. I will not be sharing our budget plan, that's for you to figure out. Here is what I will be sharing with you. Titles and everything. Look at me go! Let's just hope once I share with you I don't get writers block haha.

Week 1:
Once upon a time: Background of a Shopaholic
Everyday: Developing a new Vocabulary
Clothing: Quality vs Quantity
Grocery Shopping: Making a Day of it
Clothing: Up-fashioning; A tutorial

Week 2:
Off- Gotta save room for I {Heart}____Mondays
Discount Stores
My Fear of Coupons
Mommy's Got a Weakness

2 comments:

  1. Excited to see what else you've got to say! I too was a spoile (non brat) growing up! Adopted when I was 6 and my only brother was 7 years older...yeah, I got what I wanted with my puppy dog eyes with both parents!! Never had to ask for a thing, just got it! Hubby quickly corrected that when we met almost 11 years ago! I still love to shop, but now I'm a bargain shopper (with the occasional splurge, but rarely on me these days..three kids later, you get the idea). Anyways, love reading!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails