This last month or so I have been praying for God to bless my business. Rock-A-Bow is the main reason I am able to stay home with my babies; so it's success is a huge cry of my heart. I pray that God would just take it to the next level. I know without Him, I will go no where and do nothing.
Throughout this time of constant prayer, God has laid things in my lap and shown me sure signs of what He wants. First it was this blog over at No. 17 Cherry Tree Lane, then it was this product and hubbies statement that I kept God in the center and was blessed for it. Lastly, it was the words in my head saying "Make your business glorify me and I will bless it".
So many times we forget where we come from and what brought us to where we are. Rock-A-Bow was founded with the desire to bring a smile to a little ones face. To make a little girl want to twirl, to make her feel beautiful. God made that happen. I have been reminded of that so many times lately. Mostly, just seeing the joy of a little one putting on a tutu or playing with their artfolio. My products are doing what they were made to do but am I?
God has given me the ability to sew and to create. As a Christian I am to spread His love and His name. Why have these two "jobs" not collided? Jesus is the center of my life, so it just makes sense that He should be the center of my business.
Now since my products are not items that revolve around God or Christianity, how do I keep Him in the center? Well, it's good you asked because I want to share with you.
Every day, I will start by praying over the work I am about to do. I will pray again over every product I make and the person who purchased it and the person who will own it. I will pray that it brings them joy, that it brings that smile I mentioned. That somehow that item would brighten days to come. I will simply pray for the person.
Prayer, it is a powerful thing. It opens doors, it brings joy, it heals and it saves. HE saves!
I will not stop at praying over my products. I will be praying for my customers, friends on social networks and in the handmade community and for you.
His name will be spoken on my blog often. My business will be run honestly and how I feel He would want it run.
God told me to glorify Him.
I want to make my Daddy proud.
PRAISE THE LORD!
ReplyDelete:o)! "Give Me JESUS!" That song blesses me and reminds me of just everything you wrote! That song Is just so wonderful! I dont know where I am going with this, but that it took me out of a HUGE slump yesterday and that we need to remember, "In the morning when I rise, GIVE ME JESUS!" We start our day off that way, how can we go wrong in following Him!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing this truth. WONDERFUL!!
ReplyDeleteI to will commit to pray for the Lord's help and to glorify Him in my daily work!
God's Favor and Blessings!!!
Theres NO better place to be...than at the center if His will! Its so refreshing to hear someone say what you've said...publicly...clearly...and with conviction. Oh and by the way, its nice to "meet you." :)
ReplyDeleteXO,
Sarah
HandbagsnPigtails.blogspot.com
Great post! Thank you for this, I added your button to my site! Hope you get many more sales :)
ReplyDeletejuuust catching up on your blog now that we're sister wives and can i just say i LOVE this post! love. amen sister, amen. your words are a blessing.
ReplyDeletenow come visit the woods