Thursday, March 10, 2011

Confessions of a Shopaholic: Momma's got a Weakness

Now as much as I love to shop for myself and for clothing, I am able to fight the urge. For my little ones, the urge often wins the battle. I have a hard time walking through the children's section and not buying some cute clothes for my kids. I will admit Rhiannon is the most tempting to shop for. I mean she is a girl and a cute one at that, so those little skirts and dresses just call my name.

How do I fight this urge? Well lately, I have been making stuff for her. It is still an addiction I know. The fabric doesn't buy itself BUT it is a whole lot cheaper. So I highly recommend picking up some fabric and making some cuteness for your little ones.

For those of you who do not sew, no worries I have some direction for you as well. Target! You heard me right, that horrible tempting place they call a store. Although, it is an evil temptress, Target has some great sales. Their clearance section is to die for and they always have racks loaded full of $4 pieces. Are they as cute as the $14.99 shirt on the rack next to it? No but it is enough to fight the urge of buying a fortune worth of clothing.

Another suggestion, Old Navy's Clearance. These clothes are just as cute as the new stuff on the racks surrounding but are simply out of season. If you are lucky like me, you live in Southern California, where the seasons don't matter and you can purchase anything at anytime of the year and get some use of it.

Now, that leads me to little more of a helpful suggestion that will actually help you to save money and not just spend it. Buy out of season. Buy a size or two larger and get the discounted clothing. You will save money and have an uber cute wardrobe waiting for your little to wear in a few months!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristen! I just got the artfolio in the mail & my little man loves it! I blogged about it today here
    http://bisforboycreations.blogspot.com/2011/03/sunday-smiles-in-mail.html
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails