Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Confessions of a Shopaholic: My Fear of Coupons


Alright folks, at the risk of sounding snooty, I have a huge confession to make. I HATE coupons. I will on occasion use one coupon and one coupon only. Anymore than that and I drive myself crazy.

It's not that I don't think they will help. In fact, I know they will. It's not even that I am too busy to clip them, I would love to sit down and plan out my shopping trip according to the coupons that I so diligently searched out. The real reason? I'm just to prideful. I am scared to death what the people behind me are thinking. I am also afraid of making them angry as I take forever to check out because of my coupons.

Now, this does not mean I think anything bad about those of you that use coupons. Well, I kinda do, I am super jealous of you all. I want so badly to take my scissors to the paper and save me some money. I just can't pull myself to do it.

Why on earth do I care so much about what others think? Who cares if they think I am poor? I mean I kind of am. Ha! And who cares if they think it is annoying that I take an hour to check out? There are other lines they can get in. So friends, that there is a true confession of a shopaholic. Pray for me. Help me to get over myself! I want to use some coupons!!!!!

I sat down the other day and went through some online coupon sites. Do you know what I discovered? I could have saved $21.50 on my groceries by simple checking a few coupons and hitting print and I still didn't do it. Horrible right? I'm not sure how much cheaper my groceries would have been because I did purchase store brand items and not the ones I saw on the site but still!

So that is my ultimate confession. I am a coupon hating, people fearing wimp. Judge me all you want!

1 comment:

  1. Just have them ready to go when your at the register. Literally takes 20 seconds for the cashier to scan. I'm a professional "couponer" and love getting stuff for free or on the cheap!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails