Quality vs. Quantity, this has always been such an issue for me. I have such an problem putting down even $20 on one piece of clothing. I know, cheapo right? I have always seen it this way: I have $100 to spend if I get all items $10 or less that equals at least 10 items. Why on earth would I want to go and ruin something so wonderful by "splurging" on $20-$30 items?Here is the problem with that mentality, typically speaking, you get what you pay for. For so long I have shopped at stores like Styles4Less. The clothes are super cute and trendy and cheap! Now by cheap I do not simply mean inexpensive (which they are), I mean down right cheap. Three or four washes and your $10 shirt is done. Your $15 jeans, that you have to buy 3 sizes larger than what you actually wear, just don't look the same after the first six or seven wears. So let's get real, are you really getting a deal? No, not at all. Buying a more expensive piece that will last you longer actually comes out to be less pricey in the long run. The reason? Well...you only have to buy it once.
So, how does this work if you are trying to build up your wardrobe? I mean the clothes aren't going to magically appear. Trust me, this quantity girl understands ya! We need to start small and work our way up. Take that same budget and start off with a few staple pieces. A cute pair of jeans, simple shirts and a black cardi. Then accessorize with what you already have at home. Then save and when you have enough to shop again buy a few more fun items. Items that you love of course, remember that last post?
Eventually you will have a wardrobe built up of all quality clothing. You can add to this as your heart and budget desire. A little black dress, a pair of shoes or whatever it is you must have!
No comments:
Post a Comment