Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Mommy Fail


At the beginning of this year I told my husband "Now that I am home, I don't care how big or small the holiday, I will make it fun for the kids." By this statement I meant: decorations, crafts, games, food and fun! Then I got busy.

As you could tell by my MIA post last week, I have been super busy. I co-hosted a baby shower on Saturday (come back Thursday for that), I am making the same friend quilts for her 2 girls, I am doing a handmade booth at Creative Estates in like 3 weeks and I am going to have a booth at The Queen Bee Market in May. Have I mentioned all of this before?

Anyway, although all of this is fun and exciting, I got distracted. At around noon on March 17th, I looked at my phones calendar only to realize, "Oh cuss! It is St. Patty's Day" (Yes, I say cuss instead of cussing, I'm cool like that). Luckily, I had to go to Wal-mart to pick up a few things for the shower coming up, so I grabbed a few things for the unexpected holiday.

That evening we had Breakfast for dinner, Green Pancakes and Bacon. For dessert we were going to make Shamrock Shakes but since I got started late baby boy was asleep and I have the worlds loudest blender so we have Mint Cookie Crunch Ice Cream sundaes. Rhi was thrilled with all of the green food and icecream at bed time but I know the truth.... Complete Mommy Fail!

3 comments:

  1. You are not a mommy fail at all!!! You have a lot going on! Green pancakes & mint ice cream are perfect for St. Patty's Day! Don't sell yourself short!
    p.s. LOVE that you say, "Oh cuss" totally stealing that line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw that you are going to blog sugar! Me too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails